The Assistant Superintendent is responsible for the supervision as directed of the golf course maintenance operation and staff under the leadership of the Golf Course Superintendent to ensure the healthy growth of the golf course & Clubhouse Grounds grasses, trees, wetlands, and other plant materials. The duties include assessing and providing guidance and expertise to maintain rigorous industry and environmental standards in turf quality, including use of specialized knowledge in various fields of agronomy and horticulture. Based on such knowledge, responsible for making recommendations and decisions to address or direct others to address any issues with turf quality in conjunction with the direction of the Golf Course Superintendent.
The Assistant Superintendent will participate in the hiring, training and developing all staff, including ensuring the staff is working within OSHA, club safety, state and federal guidelines for safe working conditions.
- 2-3 years experience in Golf Course Maintenance
- Min 2-year College Agronomy Degree required
- Pesticide Applicators License required
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory requirements and recordkeeping as required by local, state and federal laws
- Diplomatic team player able to foster relationships with Members, Employee Partners and guests
- Bilingual (English - Spanish) communication ability preferred
- Course Operation: 18 hole private country club,30,000+rounds a year,Bentgrass greens,419 Bermuda fairways,approaches,and rough with Zeon Zoysia tees.
- Duties: Help the Superintendent run the day to day operations. We will discuss all duties expected to be performed during the interview process.
A degree in turf management or related field of study is required. We prefer 3 to 5 years experience on Bentgrass in the transition zone.Require Ga pesticide license or the ability to obtain one