The Assistant Manager, Food & Beverage supervises and coordinates activities of food and beverage team members of all outlets.
* Assists the Food & Beverage Manager to educate, train, retrain, and develop team members within the Food & Beverage Staff.
* Interview, hire and counsel staff members as needed.
* Establish goals for measuring sales, revenue, new projects, and business development
* A team leader and shall lead by example. It is important to inspire motivation and anticipation in all team members.
* Spontaneously recognize and celebrate team member success.
* Proactive in exceeding guest satisfaction.
* Assist in all Food & Beverage functions (i.e. corporate parties, weddings) with department managers.
* Ensure that superior standards of food service are at all times meeting the requirements of our guests.
* Maintain effective communication between all members in regards to Food & Beverage issues and concerns. Communicating the core values and mission of BlueStar Resort & Golf is vital to the achievement of company goals. Adhere to labor standards with relation to labor dollars and covers.
* Must be highly customer oriented and responsive with high need for closure.
* Able to work under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments.
* Strong team-building skills including the ability to lead, cooperate & motivate.
* Must be role model and able to live our BlueStar core values:
* Honesty & Integrity
* Respect for the Individual
* Competitive Spirit
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
* Two or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
* Must have the ability to write reports and business correspondence.
* Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and guests.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Food Handlers Card and Completion of Alcohol Training Program.