Key Responsibilities of the Assistant Superintendent:
* Works with the Superintendent to ensure that the annual golf course maintenance budget and capital plans are maintained and followed.
* Supervises and assists maintenance staff in daily duties.
* Assists in the planning, organizing and direction of the maintenance and construction of putting greens, tees, fairways, roughs, and bunkers.
* Supervises the planting and cultural practices involved in growing various turf grasses, trees and ornamental plants.
* Ensures that construction equipment is properly maintained.
* Assists in the procurement of supplies and materials and ensures costs remain within budgetary limitations.
* Keeps records of annual maintenance activities and costs and assists with the preparation of required prepares reports.
* Follows sound purchasing procedures utilizing preferred vendors, when possible.
* Reconciles and provides timely coding of all invoices, payroll and other required documents.
* Coordinates snow removal (depending upon facility location).
* Ensures all company policies and procedures are followed including compliance with government regulations.
* Ensures associates obtain proper license needed to perform job tasks safely and within city, state, and federal regulations. Addresses directly all real or perceived environmental concerns.
* Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Mechanic, Environmental Technician, Equipment Operator, Foreman, Greenskeeper, and Irrigation Technician.
* Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
* Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
* Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
Minimum Qualifications for the Assistant Superintendent:
* Associate's degree (AA), Bachelor's degree in Agronomy, Horticulture, Plant or soil science or related field preferred. One to two years Assistant Superintendent experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
* Possesses experience with bent grass greens.
* Ability to obtain pesticide license preferred.