A unique opportunity to work at a top 100 golf course that hosts the PGA Tour's CareerBuilder Challenge. The Stadium Course at PGA West is part of the 9 course complex at La Quinta Resort & Club and PGA West, The Western Home of Golf. The Assistant Golf Course Superintendent is a key team member and which will provide the right candidate with the opportunity to further develop the skills necessary to become a superintendent. You will be replacing an assistant who was just promoted to superintendent at one of the private clubs at PGA West.
As the Assistant Golf Course Superintendent you will be responsible for assisting the Superintendent of the Stadium/Nicklaus Tournament courses in overseeing, directing and participating in a majority of the daily maintenance operation and management of the golf course in our goal to deliver World Class conditions and customer service to our members and guests. In addition, you will be heavily involved in the preparation and set up for a PGA Tour event.
* Assist in managing and maintaining the golf course(s) and practice areas to include, but not limited to, the equipment and maintenance facility, restrooms and potable water sources, open spaces, irrigation systems, pump stations, wells and other appurtenances, and other properties as specified
* Conduct facility inspections and supervise minor construction projects
* Supervise maintenance and repair of maintenance equipment, irrigation, and various facilities as designated
* Assist in the preparation of the annual budgets for maintenance and capital improvements to the golf course and property
* Monitor irrigation applications, insect and weed populations and diseases to diagnose problems and to present solutions
* Keep and maintain accurate and complete records including, but not limited to payroll, inventory, weather data, water usages, maintenance procedures, fertilizer and pesticide applications, local, state and federal training documentation, safety and environmental standards and laws and regulations
* Assist in monitoring and developing team member performance to include, but not limited to providing supervision, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations, providing professional development and delivering recognition and rewards
* Interview, and train team members
* Acts in absence of the Superintendent
* 2 or 4 year turf degree or equivalent years of supervisory experience in golf course maintenance
* 3-5 years of experience preferred
* Prior supervisory experience preferred
* Comfortable with Microsoft Word and Excel
* Strong attention to detail, passion for excellence and a great attitude
* Ability to train/supervise a crew of up to 25 on a daily basis
* A desire to advance within the turfgrass industry
* Overseed experience helpful, but not required
Our Benefits Include:
* 22 Days per year of Personal Time Off (PTO) which is earned starting your first day
* Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance along with a Health Savings Account
* Life and Disability Insurance
* Relocation expenses
* Playing privileges
* Uniform allowance
* Dues to local chapter and national GCSAA
* Hilton Employee Travel Plan - enjoy the lowest rates available to all Hilton Brands Worldwide for yourself and for your family and friends
How to Apply:
Go to jobs.hilton.com or click on this link:
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
* Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
* Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
* Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
* Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
* Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
* Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
* Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!