Location: Carlsbad, CA
Posted: November 15, 2017
* Salary Range: $56k - $70k + bonus eligible
This position requires a strong knowledge of fundamental concepts of engineering disciplines, scientific methods and computer based analysis tools to perform studies on golf club designs and biomechanical swing sequences for the Titleist golf club franchise.
Duties include but are not limited to:
* Utilize computational analysis software and established numerical techniques to analyze golf club designs and/or biomechanical swing sequences to predict performance metrics
* Coordinate with management, fellow Research Engineers, and Product Designers/Engineers to create 3-D models for subsequent performance evaluation and concept substantiation
* Maintain fundamental knowledge of state of the art engineering applications, computational analysis tools, golf club design methods, USGA golf club product specification regulations, competitive product specifications, patents, and industry trends
* Work with management and collaborate with senior-level Research Engineers to help develop scientifically advanced product platforms for next generation Titleist golf clubs utilizing established computational and/or empirical models with a vision for critical paths required to substantiate concepts and bring new technologies to market
* Apply growing knowledge of engineering principles, numerical analysis techniques, and empirical testing methods to expedite the R&D process by identifying crucial performance parameters and evaluate design feasibility
* Generate necessary engineering and technical documentation to facilitate collaboration, communication, and support to Design, Product Development Engineering, Research, Testing, Suppliers, Manufacturing, Sales, Marketing, and/or Legal
* Apply growing knowledge of golf club design and analysis techniques to bolster R&D technical reporting
* Actively pursues patent opportunities in previously unexplored technology domains by submitting invention records, generating and evaluating critical data in support of the Acushnet patent portfolio, and establishing an awareness of the competitive intellectual property landscape.
* Works with management to evaluate future projects in an organized manner and align with critical path schedule requirements.
* Assists with professional and technical consultation with outside consultants, and/or contractors as necessary.
* B.S. in Engineering or related field
* One (1) year of related engineering experience preferred
* Proficiency using MATLAB
* Must possess and apply a broad knowledge of engineering disciplines, scientific methods and computer based analysis
* Experience with statistical analysis and be capable of handling large data sets
* Proven communication skills both verbal and written
Candidates meeting the qualifications listed above are invited to submit their resume along with salary requirements to: . (Please attach resumes in "MS Word Form ONLY" and you must reference just "ARE-111417" in the subject line)
Acushnet Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Acushnet Company offers competitive salaries to commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefit package consisting of medical & dental; 401(k) savings plan; pension plan; tuition assistance; life & disability insurance; vacations/holidays; on site wellness programs / facility; etc. and generous product discounts.