Customer Service Representative
|Job Title:||Customer Service Representative|
|Job Published:||December 06, 2017 04:46|
Sleepy Eye, MN
We re BIC Graphic, a world-class supplier of innovative promotional products for marketing and advertising initiatives. With the widest variety of high quality, innovative custom-imprinted products in the industry, we help customers explore all the promotional possibilities. In addition to the BIC collection, BIC Graphic offers well-known, proprietary brands such as KOOZIE , Atchison , Triumph and JAFFA . We also partner with prestigious, well-known brands such as myCharge , Cool Gear , HoMedics , Cocoon , Leatherman and several golf brands. BIC Graphic sells exclusively through distributors of promotional products/advertising specialties.
Today, BIC Graphic's distributors serve the majority of the Fortune 500 companies, as well as government organizations, educational institutions and thousands of other companies in diverse industries worldwide.
Join our busy Customer Service team as a Customer Service Representative!
* Promotes the sale of products by handling a large volume of incoming distributor, and other BIC location calls. Also by providing guidance and information to the customer/distributor as requested.
* Suggests methods of selling the product; such as mockups and samples and My Norwood.
* Responsible for relaying production problems to the distributor and capturing, answers/resolutions from the distributor and documenting the answer by editing phone sheets and based on specific scenarios making the changes to the order itself.
* Maintains a detailed knowledge of all Stock line, Coop, Custom Coop, and Semi-Custom product lines.
* Understands the process flow and procedures through each department for all available products. Also is aware of all promotions, discontinued items, and stock status.
* Responsible for taking sample orders and repeat orders over the phone, and also checking status on those orders when requested.
* Has a general knowledge of the Norwood products/lines and which Norwood company produces it.
* Decides how to resolve errors made on orders by issuing a credit, allowing a short- pay, eliminating a charge, or by justifying why we cannot.
* Determines the cost center to which the credit belongs to, and informs the company internally.
* Maintains a detailed knowledge of all policies pertaining to distributor self-promotions, early ship and payment discounts, cancellations, and reruns. Stays current on all policy changes.
* Accurately calculates and explains costs regarding all products and available options for those products including shipping methods and extended pricing.
* Distributes written instructions received from distributors to correct product problems or affect change requests regarding in house and pre-sales orders effectively.
* Negotiates ship dates with internal and external customers for rush orders and rush proofs.
* Follows up with production and the customer on these dates as needed. May need to negotiate expedited shipping charges to meet the dates.
* Provides Account Managers with information needed on accounts. Jointly assesses whether an issue is justified, and follows-up with distributors and in house communication as needed.
* Records distributor comments and complaints on existing products and follows through with internal departments to explain our justifications. Also relays suggestions for specific markets currently unavailable in our lines.
* Responsible for getting shipping tracers (written/verbal) done on every available shipping method for distributors requesting non-receipt of the product. Which may result in negotiating a credit.
* Reading, writing, and math skills at the high school graduate or GED level.
* Requires good problem solving, decision-making and organizational skills under limited supervision.
* Must possess strong verbal and written communications skills.Demonstrates proficiency in keyboarding/typing.
* 1 2 years similar customer service experience or similar product & processes knowledge.
* Requires strong reading, writing and math skills.
* PC with Multiple Software applications (MacPac, Cust Comm, ccMail, Faxmain, MSOffice, Doc Man, etc) Internet (norwood.com) Microsoft Outlook, ACD Feature phones, calculator, facsimile, and copy machine
* Must be able to work overtime and weekends as needed.
Make your mark on our success!
There's never been a better time to join BIC Graphic. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision in a growing market. That's why the majority of leading companies across industries worldwide use our promotional products. It's also why you'll find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this.
BIC Graphic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to Race, Color, Religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Drug-Free Workplace.