Achieve Toro's residential and landscape contractor equipment division's sales objectives via the distributor / dealer network within the assigned territory. Responsible for improving Toro dealer performance and building trusting relationships between Toro and our dealers. Create a stronger Toro dealer network to drive increased sales.
Responsible for creating programs to strengthen RLC's (Residential Landscape Contracting) dealer network by building strong relationships. Identify and leverage activities that add value for select dealers to improve Toro dealer and distributor performance.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide leadership and direction to Channel Marketing Manager responsible for developing and executing strategies to increase dealer channel sales effectiveness through communications, training and process optimization.
* Build channel relationships through events and programs designed to build relationships between Toro and channel partners including RLC distributors and direct dealers.
* Lead and manage the execution of Toro Experience events with key RLC customer groups including dealers and landscape contractors.
* Lead and manage the execution of two significant RLC dealer events including the Toro RLC National Dealer Conference and RLC Incentive Trip.
* Build relationships with key Toro dealers through dealer recognition and incentive programs based upon dealer purchases and additional value-added activities.
* Lead execution of annual distributor sales meeting to communicate new products, programs and incentives for RLC distributor sales teams.
* Lead and manage the Toro RLC Dealer Council.
* Develop and execute strategies to drive new dealer acquisition while increasing penetration and market share across the existing dealer network.
* Manage the annual business planning process for RLC distributors including PIE process and annual business plan development via the regional sales manager.
* Achieve sales objectives for dealer business in an assigned territory for residential and landscape contractor (LCE) businesses including parts, for each quarter and year.
* Lead business planning efforts with distributors; develop annual sales and marketing plan by product line to achieve distributor and divisional sales objectives.
* Develop and monitor yearly sales forecast / booking orders by month from distributors / dealers to ensure objectives are met.
* Lead distributor sales teams with dealer and new market development to provide appropriate dealer coverage for Toro products within assigned territory.
* Work with distributor sale managers to continuously develop field sales team effectiveness and coverage.
* Assist distributors and dealers with key event planning and execution within territory.
* Maintain effective external communications with key channel partners and provide weekly internal communications via MSR on product, programs, and competitive intelligence.
* Ensure dealer issue resolution as required to maintain superior customer experience.
* Monitor and control travel and entertainment budgets within guidelines; review on a quarterly basis with director, dealer sales.
* Travel with TM to achieve objectives defined by DSM and business plan.
* Performs responsibilities under guidance of Director, Dealer Sales.
* Works cross-functionally with marketing, engineering and customer care to meet requirements of RLC businesses.
* Serves as a conduit to field sales and dealer sales channel representing approximately 4,000 dealers and 20 distributors including both direct and two-step selling.
* Direct sales responsibility for $100MM, 800 dealers and approximate 10 state territory.
* 60% travel required.
* Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field; Masters degree in business administration preferred.
* Eight to ten years of successful durable goods sales experience.
* Substantive business understanding of dealerships and/or distributorships.
* Demonstrated strong leadership, sales and interpersonal abilities
* Excellent sales and communication skills
* Attributes desired include: highly motivated, self-starter, enthusiastic, strong relational skills, business acumen, competitive spirit and customer focused.
About The Toro Company:
The Toro Company (NYSE: TTC) is a leading worldwide provider of innovative solutions for the outdoor environment including turf, snow and ground engaging equipment, and irrigation and outdoor lighting solutions. With sales of $2.4 billion in fiscal 2016, Toro's global presence extends to more than 90 countries. Through constant innovation and caring relationships built on trust and integrity, Toro and its family of brands have built a legacy of excellence by helping customers care for golf courses, landscapes, sports fields, public green spaces, commercial and residential properties and agricultural fields. For more information, visit .
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.