Key Responsibilities of the Director of Golf:
* Oversees golf operations including; tournaments, rules, tee sheet activity, merchandise inventory, range operations, bag storage, player service operations, golf instruction programs, cart fleet, and locker room.
* Ensures that associates provide a high level of service and creates a service oriented atmosphere that promotes the game of golf and meets the needs of the members.
* Implements policies and procedures for the golf department including; compliance of all company standards relating to quality of products and services. Prepares work schedules and assigns associates areas of responsibility.
* Works effectively and in cooperation with the Golf and Tournament Chairs and Committees. Attends all meetings as required.
* Works closely with the Superintendent, Membership Director, Accounting Manager, Food and Beverage Manager and Banquet Sales Manager. Ensures timely communication and maintains a good working relationship.
* Supports marketing programs to promote the facility's services to potential customers.
* Maintains and/or increases group golf sales results, including number of rounds and average rate.
* Monitors all retail and merchandise related activities including; all receiving, pricing, open-to-buy management and maintains sound inventory practices as necessary.
* Manages golf department team members including but is not limited to: Assistant and Associate Golf Professionals, Teaching Professionals, Tournament Coordinator, and Guest Services Attendants.
* Provides leadership and vision to golf staff, building people, and preparing them for career advancement.
* Performs payroll tasks as scheduled and makes adjustments prior to submitting to payroll. Monitors hours to maximize productivity and minimize overtime.
* Ensures all Human Resources procedures and policies are followed. Implements Troon personnel policy, initiates and monitors policies relating to personnel actions and training along with professional development programs.
* Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding and disciplining associates. Addresses complaints and resolves problems.
* Prepares golf department annual budget, revenue goals and expenses as well as generating various (weekly, monthly, etc.) business volume forecasts across all revenue and expense categories.
* Monitors golf department monthly and other financial reports/statements on a daily, weekly and monthly basis for the facility and takes effective corrective action when necessary across all revenue and expense categories.
* Provide golf instruction through lessons and clinics to members and guests.
* Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
* Maintains membership with the PGA and/or other professional associations. Attends professional and industry workshops and meetings to keep abreast of current information and developments.
* Oversees the care and maintenance of all the facility's physical assets and each individual facility.
Minimum Qualifications for the Director of Golf:
* Bachelor's Degree; 3-5 years' experience and/or the equivalent in experience and training in private golf club operations.
* Class A PGA Member or similar qualification is strongly preferred.
* Possesses strong leadership and hospitality skills. • Experience with computerized POS and tee time system. Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.