Director of Sales (& Marketing)
The Director of Sales and Marketing is responsible providing leadership and driving strategy across the company's sales and marketing functions.
The Director of Sales (& Marketing) is the head of the sales department. He/she is in charge of training and supervising of the hotels sales (& marketing) team.
The Director of Sales (& Marketing) works closely with the General Manager/AGM to determine appropriate sales strategies in all market segments towards maximizing the hotel revenues. He/she is also responsible for leading the sales team while balancing leisure and group profitability during seasonal fluctuations to optimize overall resort revenue and profit..
The Director of Sales (& Marketing) creates lucrative sales targets and networks business relations to corporate client, tourist offices, different booking services etc.
He/she has to observe the market, identity trend and monitor the main competitors.
Manages department department budgets for both sales and marketing.
Director of Sales and Marketing should work closely with revenue management and marketing functions, to develop strategies to maximise REVPAR and grow market share.
The DSM is responsible for leading/managing our salesforce and leading our marketing efforts to drive overall revenue and occupancy ensuring "smart selling" strategies are in place.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required:
- Create, plan and implement the marketing and sales strategy for the organization in accordance with the overall business strategy and objectives.
- Assess market potential and identify new business opportunities
- Develop annual sales and marketing strategic business plans to drive revenue and increase market share
- Propose projects that will increase market share or create new categories of applications to yield similar results
- Serve as the internal and external subject matter expert for all sales and marketing solutions, working cross-functionally as necessary to ensure desired outcomes are met
- Develop and implement sales selling cycle and methodology based on market research and competitor analyses
- Achieve planned revenues, margin and related objectives
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs, and results
- Develop and execute a winning marketing plan and go-to-market strategy for resort property and business units.
- Establish objectives, performance standards, and priorities that are implemented and monitored across the company with respect to marketing
- Drive all social media and web branding efforts to ensure the company's web presence is strong and easy to navigate risks in order to recommend tactical strategies
Customer relations and satisfaction
- Maintain key customer relationships, while developing and implementing strategies for expanding the company's customer base
- Drive evaluation of potential new and existing customers and needs, and lead the team in a proactive post-sales approach with a focus on solutions.
- Leverage customer insights to identify business opportunities and strategies
- Oversee the customer service functions of the business to ensure that best in class service is provided consistently to all customers
- Oversee the marketing and sales processes, and all relevant training and development plans, actions and programs
- Manage sales and marketing budgets.
People leadership and development
- Provide expertise to the company by building, developing and managing sales and marketing teams capable of carrying out the company strategies and tactics
- Lead with compelling strategic vision that is in alignment with the organization's short and long-term goals
· Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel Management, or MBA.
· Proven record of developing/improving sales and marketing infrastructure and processes
- Demonstrated experience operating as part of a leadership team that emphasizes collaborative decision making and a high degree of coordination between functioning departments.
· 5 to 6 years' experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area and min three years' experience in a senior sales role.
· Demonstrated success in leading a sales and marketing team in a highly seasonal independent resort is strongly preferred.
The DSM must fit the company's corporate culture and promote the company's corporate culture, values, and standards through role modeling, accountability, and decision ownership. As such, the DSM must have a record of accomplishment that demonstrates ability in the following competencies at the senior level:
Coaching and Counseling
Working Conditions: DSM will be based at our resort Sheboygan, WI. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Job conditions and reporting is flexible based on resort business needs.
With 180 Sheboygan hotel rooms and 64 villas, Blue Harbor offers a wide variety of accommodations perfect for your family vacation, group meeting, romantic retreat, a guys' golf outing or girlfriend's getaway. Our recreation is equally diverse, whether it's a rollicking visit to our year-round indoor waterpark and mini-golf course or a relaxing stroll on one of our eco-friendly lakeshore trails.
When you're at The Blue, relaxation, fun and comfort are intertwined. Let us do the cooking at our excellent restaurants in Sheboygan, all with extraordinary views. Treat yourself to the expertise and personalized care available at our resort spa in Wisconsin. Shopping, golf, watersports and charter fishing are just a few minutes away on foot or by car, but with our numerous onsite services, you might never want to leave the resort.
Located in friendly and scenic Sheboygan, your destination is an easy drive from major Midwest cities including Chicago, Milwaukee, Madison and Green Bay.
Winter, spring, summer or fall, there's always something for you. See why so many people say, 'It's Better At The Blue.'