Hotel (Property) Controller
Immaculate Lake Tahoe Resort Property encompassing:
· Amazing 154 Room Hotel · Award Winning Golf · Exceptional Dining · An unequaled Spa Experience
Seeking an experienced Controller to oversee all aspects for all accounting for the property, to include; all finance activities related to financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, profit and loss reporting and balancing ledgers for operating and balance sheet accounts. In addition, the Controller oversees all accounting activities related to income auditing, cashiering, accounts receivable collection, tax compliance and month end processing so as to ensure financial controls, accurate financial reporting, and profitability.
Relocation Assistant provided for exceptional candidates
The qualified Hotel (Property) Controller candidate will possess:
• Bachelor's degree with a minimum of three years of experience as a Hotel Controller (or similar) at a property of similar size and quality with a background that includes forecasting and/or budgeting
• Experience with budgeting, forecasting, profit and loss reporting and balancing ledgers for operating and balance sheet accounts
• Aptitude for performing numerical analysis of data and formulating conclusions and/or solutions
• Ability to use logic to define a problem, collect information, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, interpret information and deal with abstract variables for unique or unfamiliar situations
• Ability to clearly and concisely present technical subjects
• Must possess strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing skills
• Ability to comprehend and use technical or professional language, either written or spoken, to communicate complex ideas
• Computer skills (Microsoft Office and strong Excel skills), Point of Sale (POS) System, Hotel Property Management Systems, Financial Software Packages
Performance & Controller Responsibilities
• Supervising the accounting staff while directing the financial activities of the property, safeguarding the assets, and preparing all financial reports in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Uniform Systems of Accounts for the Lodging Industry.
• Providing direction to the night audit team so as to ensure proper revenue reporting while ensuring all licenses and permits are current, and are in compliance with local, state and federal laws and all sales and occupancy taxes are filed accurately and timely.
• Reviewing ledger details daily for guest, city and deposit ledgers to validate proper payment and revenue postings
• Reconciling cash and credit card deposits while providing direction and training to hotel operational team in areas related to finance, financial reports, internal controls, labor management, payroll, etc.
• Preparing assumptions and goals for controllable expenses, labor expenses by position and all revenue departments (except room revenue)
• Maintaining checkbook accounting system for all departments to determine purchase approvals and manage spending limits
• Reviewing the general ledger details bi-monthly for operating and balance sheet accounts for accuracy
• Completing month end close to include ensuring that revenue, expense and adjusting journal entries and accruals are posted by the fifth of the month and reviewing preliminary P & Ls for additional adjusting entries in order to ensure financial results are available by the sixth of the month
• Managing the hotel's capital expense budget and reconciling expenditures while overseeing month-end inventories, investigating variances and reporting the resulting adjustments; reviewing the monthly departmental COGS to ensure the relationship to sales is reasonable and correct. Investigating discrepancies and implementing procedures to remedy incorrect inventory transactions. Additionally, creating annual budgets and monthly variance analysis; investigating and assessing variances to budget and prior year and offering practical improvement methodologies to management.
This is an exceptional career opportunity with a growing, premier brand promoting exceptional hospitality experiences. Qualified candidates can expect an exceptional starting salary & earning opportunity, full company benefits, and relocation assistance, along with the opportunity to work with a passionate & dedicated team focused on delivering exceptional experiences.
ROXX Recruiting LLC, an agency that is candidate & client driven, transparent, and knowledgeable in all aspects of hospitality & recruiting.
For immediate consideration:
"An Authentic Recruiting Experience That ROXX"
Our goal is simple, to create an authentic recruitment agency that is not built on finding people jobs, but building relationships while securing careers for individuals whose talents match the needs of our outstanding clients!