Supervises and coordinates activities of food and beverage employees engaged in providing courteous and rapid service to guests by performing the following duties. Additional duties may be assigned as required.
The Food & Beverage Supervisor organizes and directs the daily activities of Food & Beverage Staff in partnership with the Food & Beverage Manager and the Assistant Food & Beverage Manager. At all times the lines of communication are to be kept open with all Food & Beverage Staff.
* Function as a coach. It becomes the responsibility of the Food & Beverage Supervisor to educate, train, retrain, and develop team members within the Food & Beverage Staff.
* Create a fun and stable environment; a personal satisfaction the team derives from being part of BlueStar Resort & Golf
* Work in partnership with the Food & Beverage Manager/Assistant Manager; to include interviewing, hiring and counseling staff members as needed.
* Lead by example; it is important to inspire motivation and anticipation in all team members.
* Accept personal responsibility for decisions and actions.
* Spontaneously recognize and celebrate team member success.
* Directly supervise staff by carrying out the responsibilities in accordance with BlueStar Resort & Golf policies and procedures. This will include planning, assigning and performing activities of workers supervised.
* Be proactive in exceeding guest satisfaction.
* Oversee and assist in all Food & Beverage functions (i.e. corporate parties, weddings) with department managers.
* Ensure that superior standards of food service are at all times meeting the requirements of our guests.
* Responsible for conducting monthly inventories.
* In conjunction with the Assistant F&B Manager, meet with staff at all levels to plan for future Food & Beverage functions as well as the needs of the current expectations.
* Develop a common vision amongst team members of a desired future state.
* Maintain effective communication between all team members in regards to Food & Beverage issues and concerns. Communicating the core values and mission of Intrawest is vital to the achievement of company goals.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE SUPERVISOR PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
* Able to work well under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments
* Must be change adaptive, flexible, and empathetic
* Must be highly customer oriented and responsive with a high need for closure
* Demonstrated initiative - ability to think, work, and make independent decisions based on sound judgment
* Ability to work well under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments to meet deadlines
* Strong team-building skills including the ability to lead, cooperate, motivate, and contribute as part of a team with representatives from multiple disciplines.
* Must be willing to "roll-up" sleeves and dig in with staff to drive processes that support the business
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment where continuous improvement is expected
* Must be able to consistently achieve high work standards; attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness a must.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE SUPERVISOR KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
* High School diploma or equivalent; one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Must have the ability to write reports and business correspondence. Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and guests.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, rates, and ratios.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Food Handlers Card and Completion of Alcohol Training Program.
BLUESTAR RESORT & GOLF IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER