Employees at The Vaquero Club ensure that the highest level of service is offered to the members of Vaquero by providing the member with personal, gracious and professional service.
The position will contribute to the success of daily golf operations including participation in the execution of the Vaquero Member Experience. The position will assume responsibility in setting an example and working side by side with the outside service team by taking pride in executing day to day tasks and responsibilities, being helpful, closely working with assistant golf professional team on delivering our Member experience, participating in team building exercises, dedication to improving skills and involvement in education opportunities , support with all golf events and activities, relationship building with Members, and following the service standard set forth by Vaquero management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned by management.
- Greet all members and guests by name.
- Determine the needs of members and guests through open ended questions.
- Work closely with fellow employees in delivering exceptional service in accordance with our written "Practices" for all service experiences.
- Attention to presentation and cleanliness in all service areas.
The responsibilities of Outside Golf Services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Participate in all functions in a professional and efficient manner, lead by example
- Provide excellent customer services, professional advice and assistance to all Members and their guests
- Strong communication with all departments
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner and maintain a professional image at all times
- Be informed on, and promote all club activities and services
- Assist in planning of tournaments and events
- Assist in the cart fleet maintenance program
- Oversee the service and golf cart presentation at the podium
- Assist in the daily setup and over-all experience at the driving range
- Additional duties as requested by the Golf Operations Manager, Head Golf Professional or Director of Golf
- 1-2 years preferred service at a high-level private golf club or similar type hotel/ resort known for extraordinary hospitality experiences
- Strong communication and correspondence skills with the ability to maintain sound working relationships and communications with Members, Club Management, fellow workers, and vendors
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work closely with and motivate a team. Attention to quality and detail
Minimum Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- Basic math skills, the ability to write and communicate clearly required
- Successful candidate will be dependable, personable, have a positive attitude, and able to engage with members, guests, and staff in a professional and courteous manner at all times
- Bachelor or Associate Degree preferred, or currently enrolled
The position title will be Outside Golf Services, and eligible for advancement within the Vaquero University structure. General responsibilities are outlined in the job description above. The position will report directly to the Golf Operations Manager and on occasion the Manager on Duty (MoD).
Westlake is one of the most sought-after communities for residents, businesses, and visitors alike. It is also home to Westlake Academy, which is built on the International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum which stresses inductive learning and was named #37 in the nation by U.S. News & World Reports.
Vaquero is located 15 minutes from the Dallas/Fort Worth Airport and offers ample shopping and dining in the neighboring towns of Southlake, Trophy Club and Roanoke.
The Vaquero Club is a private, equity golf club owned by the members. Club membership is separate from property ownership. There are two types of memberships - golf and social. Social Membership includes all Club privileges except for golf and golf facilities.