Key Responsibilities of the Golf Course Superintendent:
* Prepares and maintains the annual golf course maintenance budget and capital plans.
* Plans, organizes and directs the maintenance and construction of putting greens, tees, fairways, roughs, and bunkers.
* Supervises the planting and cultural practices involved in growing various turf grasses, trees and ornamental plants
* Ensures that maintenance equipment is properly maintained.
* Procures supplies and materials within budgetary limitations.
* Keeps record of annual maintenance activities and costs. Prepares reports.
* Implements sound purchasing procedures utilizing preferred vendors, when possible.
* Reconciles and provides timely coding of all invoices, payroll and other required documents.
* Coordinates snow removal (depending upon facility location).
* Ensures all company policies and procedures are followed including compliance with government regulations.
* Ensures that they and all associates obtain proper training and/or licenses needed to perform job tasks safely and within city, state, and federal regulations. Addresses directly all real or perceived environmental concerns.
* Ensures proper mixing, calibration, and application of all chemical/fertilizers used on the course.
* Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Assistant Superintendent, 2nd Assistant Superintendent, Head Mechanic, Environmental Technician, Equipment Operator, Foreman, Greenskeeper, and Irrigation Technician.
* Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
* Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
Minimum Qualifications for the Golf Course Superintendent:
* Bachelor's degree in Agronomy preferred; or three to four years as a Golf Course Superintendent or similar role.; or equivalent combination of education and experience (Degree preference in agronomy/ horticulture/ plant/soil science).
* Must have a valid Driver's License.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
* Must have the ability to build and implement an elemental based fertility program
* Expert level understanding of irrigation principles and management