GENERAL SUMMARY: The Golf Course Groundskeeper, under supervision of the golf course superintendent, assistant superintendent or the lead Golf Course Groundskeeper, perform work involving the use of large and small equipment, including tractors, mowers, loaders, trenchers, chainsaws, weed eaters and other maintenance equipment; perform routine manual labor involved in golf course maintenance; and do semi-skilled grounds construction and maintenance work. Each Golf Course Groundskeeper may be assigned responsibility for the care and maintenance of several designated tasks or areas on the golf course and does related work as required. The Golf Course Groundskeeper reports to the Assistant Superintendent.
Duties of the Golf Course Groundskeeper include, but are not limited to:
· Mows greens, aprons, fairways, roughs, tees, and other areas.
· Operates mowers and string trimmers in trimming greens, aprons, tees, around trees, fence lines, banks, and hillsides; edges cart paths; edges, rakes, and maintains sand bunkers.
· Operates front-deck mower, spreader, top-dresser, SandPro, front loader, Gator, tractor, and finish mower; may operate greens mower.
· Aerifies greens, verticuts tees and greens, spikes greens, operates spray rigs and spreaders, operates portable pumps, and operates other equipment as directed.
· Ensures that the equipment cooling and other systems are working at all times; refills fuel and oil daily; cleans equipment daily, and reports equipment problems or failures to manager and lead Golf Course Groundskeeper immediately.
· Returns all equipment to the designated location at the maintenance facility and cleans the maintenance areas.
· Performs basic preventive maintenance on equipment as directed by the manager or lead Golf Course Groundskeeper and returns equipment to designated location at the maintenance facility.
· Drives a work cart or Gator to haul materials and refuse. Utilizes loaders to move sand, dirt, debris, and other materials.
· Sets tee markers and cups on greens as directed; maintains ball washers; replaces water, drinking cups, tee towels and flags when needed; removes debris; sands and seeds tee and drop area divots.
· Waters tees, greens and fairways; operates irrigation heads in dry areas needing additional water.
· Repairs the irrigation system, pipes and irrigation heads as needed.
· Grades and prepares soil base, lays sod and seeds greens, tees and fairways.
· Applies pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers.
· Helps in project work; assists in the construction of new greens, tees and fairways.