Hiring Department: ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Classification: $37,000, benefitted, full-time, exempt
Benefits: Includes single or family health care coverage, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave, EAP and more.
To be considered for this position, all application materials must be fully submitted by 5PM on the closing date.
University of North Dakota is seeking applicants for the men's golf coach. This position will develop, promote, and supervise all facets of the University's men's golf program.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* budget management and maximization,
* practice/game management,
* academic monitoring of student-athletes in program
* social media supervision of student-athletes,
* public relations (regularly scheduled media & speaking engagements) and fundraising.
* maintain contact with golf alumni and boosters and fans via social media and electronic correspondence
* serve as a spokesperson for the University's golf program and market and promote the men's golf program
* develop community support for the program via social media and marketing and promotional actions
* participate in Athletics department and fundraising activities.
* ensuring a complaint program operation within the UND, NCAA and Conference framework
* Must have an effective professional working relationship with student-athletes, staff, administration, alumni and general public.
* Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and have strong organizational skills.
* Ability to develop a competitive NCAA division I program
* Must have a commitment to NCAA compliance and follow all NCAA, conference and UND rules and regulations.
* Must provide support and encouragement and ensure the safety and well-being of the student athletes.
* Bachelor degree or equivalent golf specific education/experience specific to golf (examples: PGA of America PGA program or other accredited Golf training/education combined with professional Golf course/club experience and coaching at any level)
* 2 seasons head coaching experience at HS or collegiate level
* Member of P.G.A. of America
* Budget management experience within a golf program at HS or collegiate level (travel and other expenses)
* Experience with public relations in the golf industry (examples could include alumni, boosters, marketing/promotions for events and facilities, fundraising, customer service, etc.)
* Valid Driver's License
* Successful completion of criminal history background check
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
* PGA classification as A-1 or A-10 or A-6 or A-14
* PGA of America professional golf management (PGM) program or equivalent golf training
* Regional experience as a golf professional at a golf club/course (MN, ND, SD, MT)
* Work experience with junior golf programs or elite junior lesson programs in the region (MN, ND, SD, MT)
* Experience with Social media
* Facilitate the team schedule at HS or college level
* Oversight of player/team academic goals at the hs or collegiate level
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EEO/AA for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.
Confidentiality of Application Materials
Note: Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.
UND is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran's status and disability status on the form found at This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.
ND Veteran's Preference
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university's policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years' of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND 58202.