DEPARTMENT: Marcus Reservation and Customer Care Center
Guide all functions of the Reservation Sales and Customer Care Center. Support agent and supervisor growth and development through coaching. Assist in answering incoming reservation and customer care calls. Train agents and supervisors in the various roles of the department. Support management to drive standards and metrics in the Marcus Reservation and Customer Care Center.
Policies and Procedures
* Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers
* Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
* Follow company and department policies and procedures
* Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards
Guest Relations, Reservation Services and Processing
* Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns and requests using brand and property specific processes to resolve issues, maintain conversion ratios of the department and up-sell.
* Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive and timely manner.
* Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs.
* Listening to and selling to a guests' preferences whenever possible
* Respond to every guest with a smile and friendly greeting while using the guests' name at all times.
* Thank guests with genuine appreciation.
* Engage guests in conversation with regard to their stay, property services and area offerings.
* Actively sell multiple properties and cross sell for multiple properties when one property is fully committed.
* Offer and sell multiple services to guests including Spa, Restaurant and Golf Tee times.
* Understand and discuss Brand Loyalty programs
* Verify all reservation information with callers to ensure accuracy.
* Document special requests in an accurate and efficient manner.
* Utilizing implemented sales techniques and strategies determine the most appropriate accommodation to meet guest needs and requirements for multiple properties and brands.
* Utilizing implemented sales techniques and strategies maximize room rates and revenues for multiple properties and brands.
* Describe room accommodations for multiple properties and brands.
* Use sales techniques when assisting guests in making reservations including but not limited to:
* Personalizing calls
* Obtaining complete guest needs
* Suggesting alternate dates or referring to alternate property on sold out dates
* Offering features and benefits for multiple properties such as facility or service information.
* Using open-ended questions to obtain all necessary information from guests
* Identify repeat guests
* Inform guests of rules regarding negotiated and/or discounted rates
* Input and access data in multiple reservation systems
* Verify availability of room types, rates and occupancy prior to confirming any reservations
* Process all reservation requests, changes and cancellations received via phone
* Input any special room requirements or requests into the appropriate areas for multiple reservation systems.
* Process payments for multiple reservation systems.
* Training of Customer Care Agents and Specialists and Supervisors
* Building / Creation of Standard Operating Procedures and Continuous Process Improvement Plans
* Auditing of Reservation Systems
* VIP and Business Travel
* Project team bookings, processing reservations in manner preferred by client
* Support the non-room components of packages
* Special Event Bookings
* Email management
* Document discipline as necessary
* Interact with hotel clients on behalf of Marcus Reservations and Customer Care
* Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
* Answer all incoming telephone calls using appropriate etiquette including but not limited to:
* Answering the phone within 3 rings
* Answer with a smile in one's voice
* Utilizing the name of each caller
* Transferring of calls to the appropriate person and/or department
* Requesting permission before placing a call on hold
* Taking and relaying messages
* Allowing the caller to end the call.
* Talk with and listen to fellow associates, hotel clients, vendors to effectively exchange information
* Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect
* Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy and confidentiality.
Education High School Diploma/G.E.D equivalent
Related Work Experience One year hotel experience in front office or reservations
General knowledge of the functions of a call center Knowledge of multiple applications (Horizon, SMS, Opera)
Supervisory Experience No related work experience is required