The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for developing sales strategies and attracting new members and customers. The salesperson will source new sales opportunities and close sales to achieve quotas. He/she plays a key role in increasing income and revenue by managing and negotiating with customers, generating leads, qualifying prospects and managing sales of memberships, golf outings and events.
* "Get the sale" using various customer sales methods (door-to-door, cold calling, presentations, etc.)
* Forecast sales, develop "out of the box" sales strategies/models and evaluate their effectiveness.
* Evaluate customers, needs and build productive long lasting relationships, as it relates to events and corporate accounts.
* Meet sales targets and goals established by management.
* Research accounts and generate or follow through sales leads.
* Attend meeting, sales events, Chamber Associations and trainings to keep abreast of the latest developments.
* Report and provide feedback to management using financial statistical data.
* The ability to take on related tasks as assigned
* Proven sales experience
* Track record of over-achieving quota
* Familiarity with different sales techniques and pipeline management
* General knowledge in and experience marketing a quality product.
* Computer use competency
* Strong communications, negotiation and interpersonal skills
* Self-motivated and driven
Working offsite in the community. Fast paced environment with a need for flexibility. Able to work well in a team and on their own. Must be flexible, hours sometimes required beyond the normal workday, and when necessary, on a weekend.
Please apply online, faxes and emails will not be accepted.
As an AA/EO employer, Sacred Heart University strongly encourages applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Great River Golf Club is an Independent Sacred Heart University Affiliate