Supervises and directs all aspects of obtaining entitlements for new residential communities. Responsible for coordinating with all agencies, internal departments and outside consultants to achieve desired development goals. Reports to director or higher level position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Supervises and directs all aspects of obtaining entitlements, plan approvals & permits for new residential communities including all entitlement documents and plans, tentative and final maps and related approvals. To include agency presentations
· Responsible for executing upon stringent community entitlement and development/construction schedules
· Responsible for coordinating and implementing input from division executives regarding site and architectural design
· Responsible for obtaining all required permits from local jurisdictions in support of land development and home building operations
· Supervises and coordinates with including architects, engineers, landscape architects, soils and environmental engineers, and other consultants in preparation of required development applications and approvals
· Responsible for the creation and management of site development, architectural and fee budgets
· Negotiates contracts for services to be performed by outside consultants such as architecture, civil engineering, landscape architecture and soils and structural engineering
· Act as lead in due diligence efforts for potential land acquisitions. Prepare feasibility studies, budgets and entitlement / development schedules
· Coordinate DRE processing and Association formation documents including BRE budgets & CC&R's. Set up HOA's and act as a builder liaison and board member
· Responsible for securing and exonerating all bonds
· Responsible for support to the Operations Department during the entire construction process
· Review all plans and specifications from a cost perspective identifying areas, which warrant detailed review and value engineering
· Coordinate, schedule and supervise the activities of consultants and trade partners to insure necessary approvals and adherence to community schedules
· Monitor progress of construction of site development specific improvements such as, but not limited to, demolition, grading operations, wet utilities, dry utilities, street improvements, SWPPP/erosion control measures and on-going clean-up in support of home building operations
· Liaison between Lennar trade partners, consultants and private, public and quasi-public agencies for any areas that need resolution and to exchange valuable information
· Assist in the processing of plans or required paperwork for agency approvals and permits or release of bonds or letters of credit implementation
· Interact with the regional environmental manager and division on issues relating to our Lennar Environmental Management System (LEMS) which includes storm water, air quality, wetlands, and environmental site investigation modules
· Perform all other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Seven (7) - ten (10) years minimum experience in community entitlement and homebuilding process, some public agency experience preferred
· Homebuilding and land development experience with exposure in the city of Los Angeles and San Diego and dealing with county of Los Angeles and county of San Diego preferred
· Bachelor's Degree minimum, in the field of construction management, urban design, business, engineering or related course study or equivalent years of experience
· Valid driver's license
· Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Excel, Powerpoint, Word, etc.)
· Excellent analytical and writing capabilities
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to meet multiple deadlines concurrently
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office supplies and materials weighing twenty-five (25) pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate computer keyboard, calculator and telephone equipment. May operate a motor vehicle.
Since 1954, we've had the privilege of helping hundreds of thousands of families across America move into the next stage of their lives with a new home.
We build homes in some of the most desirable cities in the nation and for all stages of your life: first home, move-up home, or a multigenerational home to accommodate your changing family needs. Our communities cater to all lifestyles and include urban, suburban, active adult and golf course living.