Radiology Technologist/MA - Golf Links Urgent Care
|Job Title:||Radiology Technologist/MA - Golf Links Urgent Care|
|Job Published:||December 05, 2017 04:56|
Banner Health is looking for Radiology Technicians to join their Banner Urgent Care Team.
In this position you will provide Radiology and Medical Assistant support for the Urgent Care.
As a valued member of our Urgent Care team, you will be caring for patients in a team focused and goal oriented environment. We love to treat our patients with the best care possible because we believe that is what they deserve.
Requires national certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and licensure by the state regulatory agency if applicable. Requires Medical Assistant Certification or if not eligible for MA certification, must complete CEUs for ABR-OE, which meets CMS requirements for Meaningful Use; must be completed within 6 months of hiring. Current BLS also required.
Banner Urgent Care located at:
7066 E Golf Links Rd, Tucson, AZ 85730
Apply today and enjoy excellent total reward/benefits package!!
About Banner Urgent Care ServicesUrgent Care Extra in Arizona is now Banner Urgent Care! Discover the difference at Banner Urgent Care. With hours from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., you'll help care for patients in need of immediate medical attention. A sprained ankle from a basketball game. A nagging cough that won't go away. Whatever they're looking to treat, Banner Urgent Care is ready to help. With minimal wait times, affordable service and ultimate flexibility, Banner Urgent Care is a smart, sensible choice for patients and another great employment option at Banner Health.
About Banner HealthBanner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
Job SummaryThis position performs prescribed radiographic procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population. This position is responsible for assisting clinicians and nursing staff in providing medical care, as well as, implementing and evaluating direct patient care. This position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment and skills to provide an excellent patient experience.
* Prepares patients for exam and treatment by taking and recording vital signs, symptoms and other necessary measurements and recording chief complaint; documents pain scores as appropriate. Reports condition of patient which may be indicative of change in the patient's condition to the clinician.
* Performs the setup, acquisition and processing of prescribed radiographic procedures in accordance with established departmental/facility policies and procedures. Educates patients/families regarding the procedure and/or treatment to be performed.
* Assists providers with exams and minor in-office procedures which could include taking patients blood pressure, documenting respiration and heart rate/pulse, taking temperature, as well as performing phlebotomies, ear irrigation and EKGs. Acts as chaperone as needed. Uses universal blood and body fluid precautions at all times and personal protective equipment as needed. Responsible for prioritization of patient flow through clinical process.
* Coordinates and manages patient care including pre-certifications, referrals, authorizations, prescriptions and scheduling of patients for clinic, hospital and other ancillary medical treatments and tests. Responsible for communicating test results to patient. Acts as a resource to clinician in order to provide optimal patient care. May administer medications in accordance with established policies and procedures or as directed.
* Prepares and maintains accurate documentation in accordance with established departmental/facility policies and procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, complete medical records including labs, authorizations, X-Rays, hospital records and any previous care pertaining to each patient visit. Provides complete and accurate information necessary for billing related to the patient encounter in a timely fashion.
* Maintains a clean, functional environment, including exam rooms and storage areas. Cleans and disinfects equipment and instruments using appropriate solutions, following sterilization procedures, and following manufacturer's recommendations and OSHA guidelines in handling of hazardous substances. Performs basic maintenance of equipment and coordinates needed maintenance for prompt repairs. Evaluates equipment quality control measurements in accordance with established departmental/facility policies and procedures. Trouble-shoots equipment problems and notifies appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance.
* Orders supplies and stocks patient care areas. Monitors inventory including medication/injectables and immunizations (e.g. expired medications/equipment and recalls). This position will complete all necessary on-boarding/orientation activities, including simulation training, as needed or directed.
* Ensures the efficient operation and workflow of the department by coordinating patient workflow throughout the day. Ensures exam rooms are stocked, performing room set-up, establishing patient transport, and schedule coordination with multi-disciplinary team members.
Minimum QualificationsHigh school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. Requires certificate or diploma from an approved/accredited school of Radiology program. Requires national certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and licensure by the state regulatory agency if applicable. BLS certification required. Requires Medical Assistant Certification or if not eligible for MA certification, must complete CEUs for ABR-OE, which meets CMS requirements for Meaningful Use; must be completed within 6 months of hiring. All direct patient care personnel are required to demonstrate competent performance of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (BLS) techniques for adults, children and infants according to the standards of a nationally recognized, standardized, credentialed healthcare provider course every other year. Requires strong computer skills, including the ability to work with medical software. Requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Requires the ability to manage multiple changing priorities in an effective and organized fashion. Preferred QualificationsKnowledge as normally obtained through graduation from an Accredited Medical Assisting Program. Experience with office medical procedures and treatments and knowledge of insurance, managed care operations, EMR and scheduling software preferred.Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
including BACH_a33d1a Journey