Golden Nugget Lake Charles is a luxury casino-resort that opened in December 2014. The property contains nearly 1,100 well-appointed hotel rooms and suites with private balconies available. It sports an eighteen-hole championship golf course, a private beach and marina, and a luxurious pool complex with private cabanas, a waterslide and lazy river. Patrons enjoy a 2000-seat entertainment showroom, variety of meeting spaces, retail shopping from fine jewelry to resort wear, and a number of Landry's signature restaurants. The Golden Nugget also includes a world-class casino with more than 70 table games, a poker room, and 1600 of the newest slot machines. We offer an abundance of premier employment opportunities in hotel, restaurant, finance, marketing, entertainment, casino management and much more. If your skills and talents are a match for our needs, we can open the door to your next career opportunity!
Fertitta Entertainment through its various subsidiaries and affiliate companies is a national, diversified gaming, restaurant, hospitality, entertainment and retail organization. We own and operate the Golden Nugget Hotels and Casinos located in Las Vegas and Laughlin, Nevada, Atlantic City, New Jersey and Biloxi, Mississippi. We are also one of the largest full-service restaurant operators in the United States with over 420 locations in over 35 states and 15 countries. We operate restaurants primarily under the names of Rainforest Cafe, Saltgrass Steakhouse, Landry's Seafood House, Chart House, The Oceanaire Seafood Room, Bubba Gump, Morton's - The Steakhouse, McCormick's & Schmick's and Claim Jumper and Mastros, plus our upscale signature group of restaurants which include Vic & Anthony's, Grotto and more. We are also engaged in the ownership and operation of select hospitality/entertainment businesses, which include hotels, such as the San Luis Resort, Spa and Convention Center in Galveston, Texas, aquarium complexes, the Kemah Boardwalk, a 40-acre amusement, entertainment and retail complex in Kemah, Texas and the Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier in Galveston, Texas.
Duties and Responsibilities Under the direction of the Director of Sales, the incumbent is responsible the development of market segment(s) and solicitation of new customer relationships and accounts while maintaining existing relationships with current accounts while consistently striving to maximize revenue and promote relationships through effective negotiation of guest room and meeting space rentals, and prices as well as food and beverage services.
* Exhibit conduct in accordance with all Gaming Commission Regulations, Federal and State laws and regulations, and Golden Nugget and departmental policies and procedures.
Consistently deliver positive, courteous and professional guest service in all interactions with guests, visitors, vendors and fellow employees.
* Researches and solicits new business over the telephone or through exhibits at trade shows, and maintains effective communication with established clientele.
* Develops customized overnight tour packages. Establishes and quotes tour package rates, prepares contracts and collects premiums due.
* Prepares and maintains tour group contracts, files, records, correspondence and reports to ensure compliance with established departmental policies and procedures.
* Communicates and coordinates with other department personnel to ensure quality guest service.
* Recruit, select, train, coach, counsel, recognize and retain direct reports who consistently perform actions and behaviors that reinforce excellence in business operations and guest service.
* Stay abreast of current trends and practices within area of responsibility and communicate pertinent information to management, peers, direct reports and employees as appropriate.
* Promote positive public/employee relations at all times.
* Maintain a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within area of responsibility.
* Safeguard the confidential information of all employee, department and company records.
* Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring responsible gaming and responsible alcohol service by discreetly notifying appropriate management of concerns and observations.
* Ensure prompt and discrete notification to senior management and/or the Ethics Hotline of any observation of illegal acts and/or internal ethics violations.
* Perform other duties as assigned. Requirements
* High School diploma or equivalent required.
* Associate's degree in a related field as well as one (1) to three (3) years of resort sales experience or an equivalent combination of experience and/or education.
* Planning: an ability to organize and manage multiple priorities. •
* Strong customer service skills.
* Excellent interpersonal and communications skills including presentations skills.
* Must possess superior written and oral communications skills.