Responsible for the sale of TaylorMade (TM) branded golf products and services to Dick's Sporting Goods and Golf Galaxy (DSG/GG). Maintains personal one-on-one contact with all key employees at DSG/GG headquarters and facilitates business maximization in all product sales and marketing efforts. Also responsible for staying connected and monitoring TM performance and brand presence of all retail locations for both the Dick's and Golf Galaxy chains.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
* Successfully sell and promote TM products and services while maximizing DSG/GG potential. Achieve both short and long-term objectives for increased sales growth and profitability.
* Educate and inform DSG/GG about TM products to assure growth, product/service development and quality control. Represent company at key DSG/GG events including product training to DSG/GG support teams or in-store personnel where necessary.
* Responsible for securing and renewing orders & merchandising for TM products with DSG/GG to ensure best possible sell through and meet account target sales.
* Maintain open communications between TM and DSG/GG. Establish professional customer/vendor relationship with appropriate DSG/GG personnel across all departments.
* Develop and maintain strong business relationships with all internal TM departments including customer service, credit, finance, product, operations and marketing in order to facilitate best service to DSG/GG.
* Communicate weekly business updates with summarized trend analysis. Summarize product and marketing opportunities to product/sales/marketing teams internally for additional growth.
* Complete requested forecasts & reporting documents on time and with extreme accuracy.
* Proven ability to consistently analyze, track and evaluate booking performance based on TM goals.
* Evaluate inform internally and provide recommendations based on competitive product & marketing landscapes in market.
* Effectively communicate sales programs, policies, and procedures to DSG/GG to help achieve TM objectives.
* Management of DSG/GG marketing calendar and initiatives, maintaining co-op spend within budget with marketing coordinator.
* Perform frequent field visits to DSG/GG retail locations and provide reports on current merchandising/marketing initiatives.
* Collaborate with Regional Sales Managers to influence territory representation within DSG/GG retail locations. Plans and manages the field service effort and activities across all stores for DSG/GG (thru TM field representatives) in order to maximize retail sell thru.
* Provides continuous communication to TM field sales personnel including pricing, trends, etc.
* Performs other responsibilities as required.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
* Outstanding communication skills.
* Excellent overall knowledge of TaylorMade products.
* Organization & Time Management Skills.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
* Ability to effectively present information and ideas to varying levels inside and outside the organization.
Education, Work Experience, and Professional Certifications:
* Bachelors' Degree in Business, Marketing or related field of study preferred.
* 5 - 10 years previous experience in outside sales within the golf industry.
* Previous national account experience preferred
Work Environment / Physical Requirements:
* Flexibility in days and hours available for work; including evenings and weekends and holidays when required.
* Must be able to live within territory (Pittsburgh) with ability to travel. Must hold valid driver's license and be able to drive to various locations to perform sales work
* Frequent travel necessary, as advised to TM corporate office or off-site for sales strategy, product training, product pre-lines and sales meetings (50% traveling)
* Must be able to lift and move heavy objects up to 50 pounds.
The above description is intended to show in general terms, the responsibilities for which the position exists and the type, level and work which must be satisfactorily performed in order to be successful in the position. However, this description is not intended to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements nor an all-inclusive list of skills and abilities required to do the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the duties, responsibilities and activities or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions at any time with or without notice. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will relationship between the Company and its employees.