For nearly 70 years, PUMA has developed fast products for the fastest athletes on the planet. Every day, our 13,000 employees across 120+ countries rally our SPEED & SPIRIT to deliver the iconic footwear, apparel and accessories capable of pushing sport and fashion forward.
The PUMA world extends across Football, Running, Training, Fitness, Golf, Motorsports and design collaborations with icons such as Rihanna. But wherever you are, whether it's on the pitch, the runway or in the streets, the PUMA touch is instantly felt in the undeniable joy and excitement we bring to sport, fashion and culture. The PUMA Group owns the brands PUMA, Cobra Golf and Dobotex and is headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany.
The Testing Engineer will be a hands-on engineer responsible for testing of golf clubs, components, and materials. Responsibilities include managing the testing database, prioritizing test queue, conducting tests, performing analysis, and distributing results for laboratory, robot, and player tests. The Testing Engineer will also continually improve key processes by implementing automation of data collection and storage. In addition, they will work closely with and support Research, Innovation, Design, Development, Product Marketing, Consumer Marketing and R&D Sr. Management to provide knowledge and insights to guide product development, make key decisions and create effective technical "stories". The Testing Engineer must be creative and have an in-depth knowledge of the set-up, integration, and calibration of laboratory equipment. Good statistical analysis skills, the ability to communicate clearly, and a willingness to "roll-up their sleeves" to get things done are highly desired.
* Lead testing and ensure customer satisfaction with the testing procedures, analysis, reports, and priorities
* Lead the development and set-up of equipment and procedures for laboratory, robot, and player testing
* Lead interfacing of testing equipment with PCs and internal databases where appropriate
* Develop and implement laboratory equipment Gauge Repeatability & Reproducibility procedures
* Develop statistical analysis and create appropriate standardized reports
* Lead product analysis and insights including: materials, head constructions and clubs
* Conduct Sales Representative, customer and consumer surveys; provide analysis and insights of the results
* Calibrate and validate Cobra testing equipment and testing processes with external vendors, suppliers and the USGA
* Competitor club specification and performance analysis and reporting
* 1-2 years' experience preferred
* Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent technical field
* Strong passion and knowledge of golf required
* Laboratory testing experience required
* Experience in setting-up and interfacing laboratory equipment required
* Strong analytical and statistical skills
* MATLAB® experience preferred
* LabVIEW® experience preferred
* Microsoft Office experience (Word, Excel, Power Point, Power BI) in an office or lab setting required
* Excellent communication skills
PUMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of PUMA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.